Apply to be a 5th Grade Ambassador
- Attend a brief RISE UP! Ambassador training
- Complete the short application either prior to or during the Ambassador training.
- Maintain regular RISE UP! meeting attendance and exhibit good behavior during meetings and serve as a role model for others. Since 5th Grade Ambassadors serve as role models, an ambassador can be placed on temporary restriction if leaders determine the 5th grader is more disruptive than helpful. The 5th grader can still come to the regular meetings, but their leadership responsibilities will be removed until their behavior has improved.
- Create excitement about RISE UP! within their school community!
- Ambassadors can decide to purchase an Adult volunteer shirt at cost ($5), if they'd like to stand out as volunteers. All 5th graders will be given the regular student t-shirt!
Ambassadors will be offered roles that align with their talents, skills and interests. At regular RISE UP! meetings, Ambassadors will serve in one or more of the following ways:
- Greet and welcome students at the front door
- Hand out nametags to students
- Help with games and small group activities
- Be part of the praise and worship team
- Serve as a leader in games/skits on stage
- Pass out Parent Connection cards and other take-home items at dismissal
Some schools may offer additional leadership opportunities:
- Serve as a RISE UP! Ambassador at community-wide events, such as the RISE UP! Rally
- Participate in service projects throughout the year
- Participate in other small group discipleship opportunities to further strengthen and apply their faith
- Attend a year-end Ambassador celebration event and ask RISE UP! Alumni questions about middle school